COLIN WALSH PLAYS THE T.C. LEWIS ORGAN
A most desirable disc with a stunning duo: a wonderful player, a celebrated interpreter of French repertoire - Colin Walsh - and an instrument by a British leading organbuilder in all its glory.
This recording celebrates a voice reborn in a small village in Italy after more than twenty years of derelict state of repair and shows off this magnificent instrument at its very best. The CD provides a varied programme of music from Bach to Vierne that makes the most of the instrument’s size, versatility, and the range of subtle colour that it can offer. The organist Laureate of Lincoln Cathedral performs deeply impressive organ-playing, highly virtuosic and of great expressive strength.
Johann Sebastian BACH (1685-1750)
1. Prelude and Fugue in C minor, BWV 546
2. Choral “Erbarm’ dich mein, o Herre Gott”, BWV 721Samuel Sebastian WESLEY (1766-1837)
3. Choral Song and FugueBasil HARWOOD (1859-1949)
4. Dithyramb, op. 7Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART (1751-1791)
5. Fantasia in F minor, KV 608César FRANCK (1822-1890)
6. Choral No. 1 in E majorJoseph Guy Marie ROPARTZ (1864-1955)
7. Prélude FunebreLouis VIERNE (1870-1937)
8. Carillon de Westminster
Recorded on 28-29 January 2020 in the PIME seminary church, Sotto il Monte Giovanni XXIII (Bergamo), Italy.Sound engineer, editing and mastering: Federico SavioTexts, photos & graphic design: Fabio Amigoni
© 2020 Fugatto (France) | http://fugatto.free.fr
Audio Album + Digital Booklet